In this Issue
The autumn 2020 themed issue of Education News is published. This issue highlights a few of the ways in which the University of Regina’s Faculty of Education is committed to facing current issues. With this issue we focus on our commitment to racial justice and equity.
- The Faculty of Education’s advancement priorities and how you can help us build community to help students succeed.
- Dr. Jerome Cranston, who as a critical race theorist and researcher, “uses race-conscious approaches to understand educational inequalities and systemic racism, and to find solutions that lead to greater racial justice for those denied it.”
- Dr. JoLee Sasakamoose, who is listening and responding ‘to health needs defined by our First Nations community partners.”
- Dr. Latika Raisinghani’s journey to becoming a (trans-multi)culturally responsive educator.
- PhD student Obianuju Juliet Bushi’s thoughts on blackness and racial justice and equity in the Education institution.
- Dr. Sara Schroeter’s research into representational practices in musical theatre.
- How Bac student, Wahbi Zarry’s “10 Days of Cree” student project is supporting U of R reconciliation efforts.
- How the ESS is navigating through the pandemic and making community connections.
- And about Cynthia Chambers Award recipient, Jessica Irvine’s research.