The Centre on Aging and Health Award for Innovation in Health Care Delivery serves to recognize Regina-based individuals, groups, or organizations offering health care to older adults who have introduced an innovative approach to service provision or who has conducted field research to evaluate services or programs for older persons. Winners will be presented with the award during a Centre on Aging and Health-organized event open to the public (e.g., at the annual University of Regina Centre on Aging & Health Distinguished Lecture). Award winners will also be featured in the CAH Newsletter and on the CAH website. The winner will be presented with commemorative certificate and will be offered formal affiliation with the CAH. The award does not have monetary value.
1) Nominees cannot be full-time University of Regina employees.
2) The activity recognized should be taking place within the greater Regina metropolitan area. In exceptional circumstances, we will consider outstanding individuals or groups working and based in rural areas elsewhere in Saskatchewan.
3) Nominators can only nominate one group, organization, or individual per year.
4) The primary criterion will be the formal introduction of an innovation that improves health care (including prevention) for an older person or for older people and/or successfully advocates action leading to health care improvement and/or systematically evaluates services for older adults, making recommendations that have led to implemented improvements.
5) Up to one award will be given per calendar year. The award does not have to be given every year. The adjudication committee will make that decision.
6) The award does not have monetary value.
Deadline for nominations is October 15 of each year.
Nominations (of 8 pages or less for the complete package of materials) will be accepted from colleagues and/or service recipients or their family members and must include:
o A short nominee biography
o A short description of their innovation
o Letters of support
Nominations are to be submitted to the CAH Administrator, by the above-mentioned deadline. Late or incomplete nominations will not be accepted. Please refer to the CAH Award for Innovation in Health Care Delivery Nomination Form available on the CAH web site.
Nominations may be made in hard copy (download the application form below) or electronic format (here via the form in the link below).
Nomination receipt will be acknowledged by e-mail. If your nomination is not acknowledged, please contact the CAH Administrator at 306.337.8477 or email@example.com.
Consideration of Nominations
An adjudication committee will judge the applications. The committee will consist of the CAH Administrator and 3 older adult volunteers from the community.
The adjudication committee will report to the Director of the CAH and must render its decision within two months from each nomination deadline.
For further information, contact: