Saskatchewan Curricular Connections
The Government of Saskatchewan supported this project with the development of curricular connections and inquiry starters for each section of the ebook.
Follow this link to view the curricular connections
Follow this link to view inquiry starters
About the site “Supporting Reconciliation in Saskatchewan Schools”
In response to the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action, an online new resource to support educators in learning and teaching about the legacy of residential schools and reconciliation called “Supporting Reconciliation in Saskatchewan Schools” has been developed.
The site was developed using feedback from Elders, the Office of the Treaty Commissioner, and other educational stakeholders and will evolve over time through ongoing collaboration with these partners.
The purpose of this website is to:
- coordinate existing public resources into one easy-to-use location for teachers;
- promote online and in-person professional development opportunities;
- offer tools and learning resources that will help facilitate truth and reconciliation conversations among school staff, parents and students;
- provide a collaborative platform for educational professionals to engage in province-wide discussions and to work on joint-initiatives that support reconciliation; and
- highlight Saskatchewan-made resources and projects to inspire others to act.