Regina Indian Industrial Residential School (1891 – 1910) was operated by the Presbyterian Church of Canada through the Foreign Mission Committee. The school was built on 320 acres of farm land on Wascana Creek, four miles (6.44 kms) northwest of Regina (Treaty 4). As an industrial school, the government paid all the expenses until 1893/94, when the school was put on a per capita grant of $120. However, correspondence regarding this transition did not make clear which institution was financially responsible for the maintenance and management of the school. A growing deficit was the cause of much debate over whom would pay. Due to public pressure, the government covered the deficits. The school closed in 1910, becoming a jail and later a home for delinquent boys. It was destroyed by fire in 1948.
Short Story of the Regina Industrial Indian Residential School from Wikiupedia on Vimeo.