Noel Starblanket and Alma Poitras have agreed to serve as our Elders-in-Residence for the current academic year. Noel will be with us from September 15, 2016 to April 15, 2017. Alma will work with us from September 19, 2016 to December 16, 2016 and may continue with us in the winter semester.
Alma and Noel will offer invaluable support in our individual and collective efforts to Indigenize our pedagogy, research, and practices in a variety of ways including:
· cultural advising with students and faculty
· advising on appropriate protocols
· advising on culturally responsive approaches to teaching and learning
· supporting treaty education and indigenization efforts
· meeting with students and/or faculty
· visiting with some classes to share understandings
· offering curriculum consultation
The Faculty looks forward to benefiting from the experience, teaching, wisdom, and generosity that our Elders have to offer.